CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 24, 2007

The Miracle of the Little Red Plates





Here it was Christmas Eve afternoon and I was baking hundreds of cookies for our neighbors. Each year every neighbor gives a little gift of either food or some little hand made decoration. My contribution is chocolate chip cookies. Don’t be impressed. Big box store makes the best break-apart-ready bake chocolate chip cookies, so all I had to do was put them in the oven. It still takes a good chunk of time to actually get them baked, wrap them up and then deliver them.

I thought I might as well start getting them wrapped up when I realized I had taken the red plastic plates to school for our class Christmas (– oops! Holiday) party. I wasn’t willing to put the cookies on generic white paper plates. It looked like I was going to have to make a last minute run to the store. Crapolia!

The truth was nobody, I mean NOBODY, would care if the darn cookies were on white paper plates except me. I just couldn’t do it. Here I was with hundreds of cookies so I knew I would have to try to get holiday plates at the 11th hour. Crapolia!

I had nothing to lose so I made one last look in the pantry and, low and behold, there was a stack of the red plates. I have no memory of them, but there they were, and I was so grateful for this little miracle. I was absolutely tickled. How terrifically nifty to find those plates!

So, this next year I will make an effort to share those sweet little miracles with you, blogger-friends, because all those little miracles are, I believe, probably more important than one big whopping miracle.

Merry Christmas to All!

4 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Merry Christmas, Liz.
Little miracles keep us going don't they?

Joy said...

What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing your miracle.

Neva said...

I am so impressed that you are baking!!! AND found red plates.....that is because you are leading a charmed life with all the LIGing you've been doing so you know who is paying attention.!

Tina Puntigam said...

I don't know if you use this or not, but parchment paper is my Christmas miracle. It makes baking cookies a snap, because there is not waiting for the pans to cool or washing in between batches.

RYC: I think you're right, God does give us kids to show His humor :)