CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hooray! Hooray! and Hooray!


Our “graduation” ceremony was a spectacular success. The audience was respectful. Our principal advised them that this was “not a sporting event or popularity contest” and shouting or whooping would not be appropriate. Most of the kids dressed up and they usually don’t act so goony if they are dressed nicely. It does set a tone.


There were only a couple of parents who brought flowers, gifts or balloons. My students commented to me, as we waited to file in, “They weren’t supposed bring those, were they?” I didn’t have to answer as one student said, “Those aren’t our parents.”


It was a lovely ceremony, and yes, under these circumstances I would do it again. As Joy pointed out it should have been common sense, but it wasn't, and for those people who lack that lovely gene, at least they listened (or listened to their children) and that is all around amazing.


P.S. Instead of being well over 100 degrees as it usually is at this time of the year, it is currently 59 degrees and raining. This is a first after 38 years in Arizona.

2 comments:

Neva said...

Can I say I am shocked that things went so well? Amazing...and you must be in shock over the weather! I am!

Joy said...

I'm glad it went so well! Enjoy your summer. Hope to see you in our area soon. :)