CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

THE ETHICS OF KID LOGIC

My sixth graders were asking me what kind of games I played when I was a kid. I told them that we played a lot of board games.

“Like what?” astounded there would be such a coincidence as that.

“Well, I guess you could say I played Monopoly with my older sister, Bonnie.”

“You guessed you played? What do you mean?” That was a murky answer.

“My sister was a notorious cheater.”

“She was?”

“Oh, terrible! She would, for instance, claim that she could collect $400 when she passed ‘GO’ because she was older.”

Then Keegan (not his real name) said one of those gems that only kids can come up with: “At least if you’re gonna cheat you should be fair about it.”

Truer words were never spoken.

2 comments:

Neva said...

Reminds me of Art Linkletter's show where he had kids....wasn't it billed Kids say the darndest things? or something like that.....very cool story!

Liz said...

I have a number of those to share, and btw, I thought about that old show. YOU are too young to remember that. Is Art linkletter still alive???