CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Husband at IKEA - Not as Whiny as Usual


I think for every ten trips to Home Depot there should be at least one trip to IKEA. Right now the Gary owes me 257 trips to IKEA. Okay, a slight exaggeration.


Gary hates IKEA. He doesn't like their style of furniture, or, in fact their style of anything. After several trips to promising places, even William Sonoma, we haven't had any luck finding a stainless steel dish drainer to go in the sink, a stainless steel electric can opener (under the cabinet-type), or stainless steel paper -towel holder to replace the pathetic plastic one (and the only type available eons ago) under the cabinets. We finally decided to try IKEA. No luck. We did find a stainless steel tea-pot, and two pillow shams, but nothing else. I am getting close to not caring. I will have to do more Internet searching.


Nevertheless, Gary griped through the entire store, but he didn't gripe as much as usual and he didn't complain that any part of his body hurt. That practically made the trip a success. We have become the older couple when we go out. At least we still talk when we go out to eat.


The problem is there has to be some equity. Gary needs to learn to not be so whiny when we go to my stores, and I will continue to be my cheerful self when we trek over to Home Depot.

7 comments:

Alex said...

this is VERY funny!

Tina Puntigam said...

You might want to try www.cooking.com I really love shopping their pages when I've got some extra cash. Good luck finding what you're looking for. It's so much fun to redecorate.

Liz said...

Thanks for the tip. I was afraid I might have to spray paint my old dishdrainer a metallic silver color. (I make these things up then realize someone might think I might actually do that. Come to think of it I have spray painted shoes successfully.)I better stop.

Tina Puntigam said...

I sucessfully spray painted newspaper strips to look like a hula skirt. Spray paint is a good thing. Maybe you could spray paint it anyway and then sell it on ebay or etsy :)

Liz said...

Ha! Maybe that's where all the taggers got their start.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

I love IKEA. I have only been there once while in Canada visiting my daughter, but for me it is worth the trip up there for this store alone. There isn't one anywhere near here.
I found a SS paper towel holder at Lowes's
Good Luck.

Neva said...

I have to agree with Alex on this...very funny...but I have to tell you.. the day I walk into a HOME DEPOT is the day you hear it all the way where you are!