CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Moment in Time


There are several things of interest in this little snapshot. First, and dearest, is that I am clutching my grandfather's finger as he holds me by the shoulders. Note the poodle appliqué on my shirt. Was I into fashion then? My grandmother is leaning into Alfred. She, no doubt, had her sturdy black purse on the crook of her arm. I never studied this picture before. Now a whole drama unfolds.

Next, I know my grandmother was 70 years old when this picture was taken. Twelve years older than I am now. She was always old though. My mother said that her mother "embraced old age."

This is one of dozens of pictures of my blue-eyed brother squinting into the sun. Poor kid! He was a beautiful little boy.

What in the world has my sister so enchanted? My guess would be someone walking a dog, or perhaps my dad was doing something silly to catch Bonnie's attention. I have seen this same look on Bonnie's granddaughter Kendall's face, complete with glasses sliding down her nose.

My handsome and dapper grandfather bears an uncanny resemblance to the late actor, Donald Crisp, who played the mayor in Pollyanna.

1 comments:

Adrian said...

Fasinating and a joy to see this image, they say a picture holds a thousand words. I think that is an understatement, from this picture I am sure with my imagination I could write a book. Thank you for sharing this with others, it leaves my inquisitive mind wanting to know more about these people and the lives they have led.

PS
Oh and I have also read the Secret!