CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

News to People in Illinois


I was telling my students about a very heated argument I had with my best friend, Joanne, when we were both in the 3rd grade. At the time we lived in Charleston, Illinois. Joanne was absolutely certain that Chicago was a state.

"Chicago isn't a state?" one student interrupted. Groans from classmates.

Wild hand waving from boy in the back of the class, "But I heard on the news they are gonna make it a state."

I can't make this stuff up, as Dave Berry used to say.

So for all you folks in Illinois I thought you might want to be aware of the confused geography here in Arizona. (I blame this on the 5th grade teachers because they teach the students the states - all 51 one of them. By the way, what's the capital of Chicago?)

3 comments:

Neva said...

OMG I am ROTFLMBO....I will pass this along to everyone I know...what a hoot!!!! I hope you told them the capital of Chicago was Lake Mighigan....lol!!!!
You CAN"T make this stuff up...really funny.

Neva said...

Hey girlfriend I have tagged you!! Tag...you're it!!!!go to my blog to see what to do now!!(neva daily photo)

Juhi said...

Hahaha...cute!