CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

How do you NOT say "I told you so."

I may have to eat my words on this one. Husband and I were at big box warehouse store when he said, "Shouldn't we get some Halloween candy?" Don't like to purchase it there, but did; a $10 bag of Skittles and Starburst with 200 tiny packages of candy inside.

We live in a neighborhood where LOTS of kids are dropped off. It is not unusual to have 200 kids, and we'll look like Halloween Scrooge if we give a kid one tiny envelope with two Starburst or six Skittles in it. Technically, this package of candy would do us, but that is so chintzy. Yes, I want to give out the good stuff (as in good stuff that I won't be tempted to eat.)

Do I shut up knowing that this bag of candy will not be sufficient, or do I go out and buy more and not tell My Cheapo? I'll let you know.

6 comments:

Alex said...

buy more, buy more!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Run right out and stock up on all the good stuff. The kids will love you for it and you will feel so good knowing you are the best house on the block.
Any leftovers you can take along to the grandkids on your next visit.

Liz said...

After I wrote that this morning I left early and picked up tons of good candy but Gary doesn't know. I just want him to say that we didn't buy enough. (I know that is NOT letting go. That's the 49% I am still wrestling with.) What's funny is that I buy all the candy anyway.

I'll let you know what happens.

Liz said...

Ha!!!!!!!!! Gary just walked in and said, "I went to the store today and got more candy."

"Really?" I said. "I got more this morning, too."

"What kind did you get? I got the really good kind."

I said, "So did I."

"Mine is better."

Alexandra did you ever where you got your stubborness? FROM YOUR DAD!!! (Not from me.)

Liz said...

He got 4 bags of good candy. I got 12. We will have LOTS of great candy for the kids. (BTW, I got extra bags of Milky way, which is Gary's favorite. He looked at it and said, "Oh, I like the dark kind.")

Neva said...

OMG I am RITFLMBO!!!