CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 30, 2008

What I learned at the dump


I know, I know. Dump is not a politically correct name, land fill is the pc word, but it is also the recycling center. I actually learned some tidbits that I thought I would pass on to the blog world, as there is so much green-consciousness going on.
THINGS YOU CAN'T RECYCLE THAT YOU PROBABLY THOUGHT YOU COULD:
- plastic grocery bags - I know you are encouraged to turn them in at the grocery store but we learned they can't be recycled. What do they do with them?
- yogurt cups - they are considered contaminated with food, and can't be cleaned.
- pet food bags - same as with yogurt cups.
-paper towels - same as with yogurt cups and pet food bags.
SOME OF THE THINGS YOU CAN RECYCLE:
- anything with a screw cap - just make sure it is rinsed out.
THE GUILT TRIP:
- there are people who hand sort through all the recycling that goes by on a conveyor belt to remove anything things that can't be recycled. Makes you think carefully about what goes into the recycling, doesn't it?

1 comments:

Neva said...

OMG......what do you think they talk about as they sort through our stuff....makes one wonder doesn't it?