CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 16, 2008

“You will not die …

…of embarrassment,” I assured my squirming six graders as I passed out permission slips for the G&D program. That’s “Growth and Development” or, as we used to say back in the day, “The Birds and the Bees.”

My sweetest little girl, Annie, came to me took a deep breath and said, “I might be the first.”

I am happy to say she lived through the experience.

By the way, sixth graders are still babies. They like hugs and bringing in treats for the class on their birthdays. They may see more on the movies and television than we ever did but they don’t, I can promise you, know anymore than the rest of us did long, long ago. I think it is always a healthy sign that it makes them blush.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Thank you so much for this post. Little drummer boy will be entering 6th grade in the fall. I hope he still wants hugs from mom. I hope he is ready for the "Growth and Development" class. I'm not sure I am. uuuggghhh. He was just my little baby. :(

Neva said...

reassuring to know this, really.....cause it seems like they know so much more than we did!!!