CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 03, 2007

A Happy Boy




This past Thursday Gary and I went the Phoenix Art Museum to see the exhibit called “Curves of Steele” which was an exhibit of cars which were famous for being the best examples of streamlined automobiles from the 1930’s to 1990’s. The pictures above are not from the exhibit but rather there were two cars that were models similar to these.

As Gary looked at the Ferrari, restored to perfection, he whispered, “It’s like a piece of sculpture.” He drank it in.

Gary has an encyclopedic knowledge of these, and most of the cars in the exhibit. One elderly lady eavesdropped as he told me about the electric blue McClaren. It was wonderful to hear these stories from him. He was just beside himself, and awestruck to see these cars. I bought him the companion book as an early Father’s Day Present, and that made him a very happy boy.

It was a delightful time, and reminds me of why I have loved this man for 40 years.

3 comments:

Alex said...

It is amazing to listen to him talk about cars. Glad you had fun!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

It sounds like Gary and Gerrit would get along very well. At least then when Gerrit would be talking someone would really be listening. Yup, Oh, that is great, Oh really......
I love him, I just don't get as excited as he about some things.

Liz said...

Gary was so excited about the blog that he swept me in his arms, gave me a big kiss and said, "Darling, that was magnificent." Okay, he said, "That was nice" which, from Gary is the equivalent of the first (made up) sentence.
He is not a big blog person ... or even a big blog! Ha!