CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 15, 2007

Strawberry Maniac

I may OD on strawberries. They are so inexpensive, $1.50 a quart, that I have been eating strawberries in everything, and they are huge strawberries, too. Until the tell-tale red splotches appear on my skin I’m going for it.

I talked to my sister, who lives in Minnesota and she said she tries not to look at the prices when she buys them. There are some things in life you just have to splurge on and strawberries are one of them. I can’t believe I didn’t like them as a child.

By the way, the cantaloupes are wonderful, too. Oh! And the peaches are just perfect. I’m in heaven. The wonderful fruit makes the crushing Arizona summer heat worth it. Remember though; it’s a dry heat.




7 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Summer time is the best, fruit is so much better then. Cherries are my favorite. I can eat a bowl full in on setting.

Liz said...

Oh! I've been so busy with strawberries I forgot about the cherries!

Mrs Fashion said...

Strawberries, cherries and my favourites - raspberries: yummy! We stocked up on fruit at the market this morning (and promptly got rained on when a thunderstorm broke on our walk home).
Dry heat would be lovely in London!
Mrs F x

Brett Hendrickson said...

Sounds delicious. Enjoy the strawbies.

Liz said...

The straebies (as Tom would say) are now down to 88 cents a quart!

Unknown said...

I like the new look! :)

Neva said...

I just love the fruit in the summer...makes our HUMIDITY bearable.....lol